Bison Burgers With Cabernet Onions and Wisconsin Cheddar
Don’t these look delicious!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 cups sliced onions ( about 2)
- 3/4 cup dry red wine ( such as Cabernet Sauvignon)
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat ( bison)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 hamburger buns
- 6 ounces sliced wisconsin white cheddar cheese
- 2 -3 tablespoons Dijon mustard ( to taste)
- 1 small head escarole, leaves separated
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in heavy medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, sprinkle with salt, and sauté until tender and golden brown, stirring often, about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to sauté until very tender and well browned, about 15 minutes longer. Add wine and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Cool, cover, and chill.).
- Preheat broiler. Gently mix meat and next 3 ingredients in large…
View original post 96 more words