10 Scenarios and Questions with David Dudley
1. What lure have you had the most confidence in this season?
A wacky worm.
2. If the bass species didn’t exist, what kind of fish would you mostly chase?
Stripers in the atlantic ocean.
3. If you could have any job in the world besides the ones you currently have, what would it be?
Coaching a college team in fishing.
4. Which is more effective for winning tournaments?… an Umbrella rig or a daddy with a pocket full of money waiting back at the ramp?
5. Would you rather take a stroll on the beach with your wife or “stroll” a deep diving crankbait?
Without hesitation I’d say a stroll on the beach. When I am at the beach smelling the salt in the air it is the only place my mind stops thinking and working. I could sit at the beach 24/7, all day long with my umbrella and lounge chair. Just talking about this makes me want to go there right now.
6. Quick scenario… Jerry McKinnis vs. Irwin Jacobs in a brawl… who would win?
Tough one. A brawl or brains and wits? I’d say Jacobs if it came down to a brawl of brains and wits, but if it was a brawl of fishing, I’d say McKinnis.
7. Forrest L. Wood or Ray Scott… who wears the better cowboy hat?
Forrest. He is a legend. Without his boats, tournaments may not have exsisted!
8. If you could break dance on the front deck of your boat, would you?
No, but I can tell you… I love to dance! Just a hint… Be watching and listening at Lanier to the song that’s playing when I come across the stage at weigh-in. I might be dancing to a special song that I picked out!
9) Are you the best bass fisherman in the world right now? An affirmative answer would not be taken as boasting.
That’s what the numbers say on the polls right now.
10) Do you think the location of the recent B.A.S.S. “Mystery Lake” remained an air tight secret right up until the location was announced?
That’s something we will never know.